Buddha Bellies Forum
Operating expenses of World of Warcraft
Posted: 23 Dec 2012 06:23
There's a wealth of information out there on Blizzard's announcements or meetings that describe wow gold their cost of development and operating expenditures, however many of them are down-right contradictory.
Note: When I refer to Operating Costs by the way, I'm talking about EVERYTHING related to operating the WoW Servers and Employees (e.g. staffing, customer support, their Avaya phone switches & sets, HP servers, electricity, etc.)
Here are the top 5 common beliefs:
1. WoW cost $100 million for development and total upkeep for 4 years (Source)
2. WoW cost $200 million for development and total upkeep for 4 years (Source)
3. WoW cost $200 million for total upkeep but not development (Source)
4. WoW cost $100 million for development and/or total upkeep (Source)
5. WoW cost $63 million for development that took 4.5 years (Source)
If you read the articles and comments, you can certainly understand that there is a lot of confusion over this number.
Let's take the most expensive number – that WoW upkeep costs $200 million over 4 years (it's 47 months actually). On average, that's $4.25M per month.
Love rules his kingdom without a sword.
Buy diablo 3 cd key
You can post anonymously by entering a nickname with no password (if that nickname has not been taken by another member) or by leaving both fields empty. If you have an account you can also log in from this page without posting a message.